Workout 12.1 is a fantastic workout to kick off what may be the best CrossFit Games season yet. 65 people signed up to compete on Saturday. It is going to be a ton of fun.
• The first heat will begin at 8:15 and a new heat will begin every 15 minutes
• Please Arrive 45 minutes before your heat time and plan to stay at least and hour
• Plan to judge at least one athlete before or after your workout, you may sign up for a judging heat when you arrive
• Bring food, water, a chair, and shade if you want for outside
• If you do not have a heat time it means you have not registered for the Open or have not selected our affiliate or team and we will try to accommodate you at the end of the competition day if you have decided to join the party after all.
Back Squat 3-3-3-3-3-3-3
Competition can take it out of you -- mentally, physically, and emotionally. So, in an effort to ease the tension and loosen everyone up for the Open competition, we will be using every other Friday night to mobilize and relax before the gym turns into a competitive arena on Saturday mornings. Beginning tonight, followed by every other Friday night, we will try a few MWODs that are specific to the demands of that week's Open workout.
For a good look at strategies check out this blog post by Austin Begiebing